With the enrolment deadline for our Diploma of Clinical Coding coming up, we have welcomed many new members across a wide field of disciplines. Regardless of whether you are new to the industry, studying a university degree, looking for a career change, or are an industry professional – we thought we’d take this opportunity to remind you of all the different membership options that we offer, to suit all stages of your career development.
The best thing is, because Professional Development never ceases, nor should your HIMAA Membership!
With monthly webinars, regular opportunities to attend PD and networking events with your peers, access to our Journals – there is ample opportunity to make the most of your membership.
To learn more about the different benefits that each individual membership category offers, please go here.
Did you know that if you sign up as an organisation, your company will take care of your membership for you?
To be eligible for an organisational membership, only a minimum of 3 members are required to join as nominees.
This is a great way to ensure that your team/staff are committed to their professional development and staying current and up-to-date on industry knowledge and training.
Additional benefits include:
- A discount for each individual membership
- One invoice for the entire group of individual memberships
- Group discounts for HIMAA National Conference and PD events
- Free job advertisements on HIMAA’s WorkWeb site – to view the site Click Here
- 10% off advertising in the HIM Journal, HIM Interchange and HIMAA Matters
- Priority opportunity to either sponsor or exhibit at the National Conference
- Priority opportunity to sponsor state branch events
- Subscription to the HIM Journal and HIM-Interchange sent to a nominated person
- HIMAA Matters (monthly eNewsletter) and eAlerts sent to a nominated person
- The nominated staff member receives full membership benefits relevant to their membership category
- Free listing of company logo on our website
To learn more how you can engage your employer to become an organisational member, please go here
Are you part of our Professional Credentialing Scheme (PCS) yet?
Ever seen the CHIM/CHIP post-nominal displayed at the bottom of some signatures?
Ever wondered if this was something you could have too?
Well, did you know that if you have completed a degree in a relevant field or completed a course in our approved program with relevant industry experience, you are eligible to bear the post-nominal?
This Scheme has been available to members since 2007. It is HIMAA’s certification of professional standing, and offers HIMAA members the following benefits:
To learn more about how you can become involved in our Professional Credentialing Scheme, and/or apply at no added cost – please go here